- Established Witness Support Unit and Witness Protection Programmes
- New Money Laundering Act
- New initiatives against praedial larceny
- New rules for dividing family property
- Passed law to provide for forfeiture of assets of drug criminals
- Established special drug courts
- Revised and modernised Legal Aid Act
- New Bail Act ensuring uniformed approach to granting of bail , which protects individual sí rights against arbitrary detention
- Introduced "real time" reporting and computerisation in Supreme Court.
- Established Bureau of Special Investigations to deal with cases of police shootings and corruption in the Force
- Established Justice Training Institute
- Built or refurbished eight (8) police stations
- Over 50% reduction in police kill ings year 1999 - 150;
year 2000 - 140.